Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I sync Microsoft Outlook contacts with my Alcatel OT 916
To see what each step looks like on your phone, just click each step and check out the picture. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard.
- If you have contacts stored in Microsoft® Outlook®, you can export them to a file and then import them into a Gmail™ account. You can then sync your Alcatel OT 916 with your Gmail contacts.
In this example, we've used Microsoft Outlook 2010.
All you need to do is:
- 1. On the computer, launch Microsoft Outlook.
- 2. Click File.
- 3. Click Open.
- 4. Click Import.
- 5. Click Export to a file.
- 6. Click Next.
- 7. Click Comma Separated Values (Windows).
- 8. Click Next.
- 9. Click Contacts.
- 10. Click Next.
- 11. Click Browse to choose where you'd like to save the CSV file.
- 12. Click Next.
- 13. Click Finish.
- 14. Launch a web browser and navigate to Gmail (gmail.com).
- 15. Log in to your Gmail account.
- 16. Click Contacts.
- 17. Click More.
- 18. Click Import.
- 19. Select the CSV file with your contacts.
- 20. Click Import.
- 21. The contacts have been imported into Gmail.
- 22. On the Alcatel OT 916, touch Applications tab.
- 23. Scroll and touch Settings.
- 24. Scroll to and touch Accounts and sync.
- 25. Scroll and touch your Google Account.
- 26. Touch Sync Contacts to synchronize the contacts.
- 27. This process should work successfully with other email programs and other webmail services.
You may be able to import contacts using a memory card or SIM card, but a SIM card might not hold all your contacts.