Next stepPrevious stepStart again
How do I set my Alcatel OT916 as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot
To see what each step looks like on your phone, just click each step and check out the picture. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard.
- You can use your Alcatel OT916 as a wireless hotspot. This lets you share its Internet connection with up to five other devices via Wi-Fi.
Please note that you'll be using data from your mobile service and charges may apply.
All you need to do is:
- 1. Touch Applications tab.
- 2. Scroll and touch Settings.
- 3. Touch Wireless & networks.
- 4. Scroll and touch Teathering & portable hotspot.
- 5. Touch Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings.
- 6. Touch Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- 7. Touch Configure Wi-Fi hotspot.
- 8. Delete the existing text and enter a name for your hotspot.
- 9. To add security to the portable Wi-Fi hotspot, touch Security.
- 10. Touch WPA2 PSK.
- 11. Scroll until password is highlighted.
- 12. Enter a password with at least 8 characters of your choice.
- 13. Touch Save.
- 14. The portable Wi-Fi hotspot is now active and other devices can connect to it.